August 11, 2021
5 Ways to Stop and Get Rid of Maskne
What It Is:
Acne that continues to form around your mouth and nose when a mask is worn often.
What Causes It:
Mask acne mainly comes from your mask trapping in hot air when you talk or breathe. The humid environment is the perfect space for bacteria to grow after causing oil and sweat to surface on your skin.
It can also come from other things such as what you use to wash your mask with, reusing the same mask, etc.
1. Wear a thin layer of moisturizer or sunscreen to create a barrier between your skin and the mask.
2. Buy disposable masks. They’re more sanitary because you’re supposed to throw them away after each use. You will go through them more quickly if you’re always out and about but your skin will thank you.
3. If you prefer reusable masks, when washing your them use a fragrance-free, hypoallergenic detergent. This prevents irritation.
4. Use a cleanser with salicylic acid. It will penetrates your skin and dissolves the dead skin cells clogging your pores while gently exfoliating.
5. Use a serum with mandelic acid – this works by “dissolving the ‘glue’ that holds dead skin cells together, revealing brighter, fresher skin beneath” according to aesthetician and founder of West Room Aesthetics, Dija Ayodele.
0 Comments | Comment
CATCH UP ON
The BEST Way to Remove Lash Extensions at Home
Beyoncè’s Secret to Glowy, Radiant Skin
Healing Crystals 101: All You Need to Know & Why You Need Them
6 Things Missing From Your On-The-Go Makeup Bag
Myths about Botox…It Isn’t What You Think!